Apple MacBook Pro Caught Fire

Apple MacBook Pro Caught Fire

Last month, Apple declared a recall of what it said was a “restricted number” of older MacBook Pros. On-time, Apple defined that 15-inch MacBook Pro units contained a battery that “might overheat and pose a security threat.” New photographs now supply a closer take a look at the result when that occurs.

First spotted by PetaPixel, 15-inch MacBook Pro consumer Steven Gagne shared photos of his laptop on Facebook, saying that it exploded merely three days before Apple’s recall. Apple introduced the recall on June 20th, and Gagne says his MacBook Pro exploded on June 17th.

In the Facebook post, Gagne defined that his MacBook Pro caught fire overnight:

“Monday night while we had been in mattress, the battery in my MacBook Pro blew, and a small fire filled my house with smoke. You can imagine how rapidly I jumped off the bed. The sound of it was what first threw me for a loop; however, then the smell of a strong chemical/burning smell is what got me.”

Maybe most curiously, Gagne mentioned that his MacBook Pro wasn’t in use on the time, nor was it plugged in and charging. He stated one small transfer on his half seemingly saved his house from burning down because of the MacBook Pro fire:

“Usually, I hold my MacBook both on my sofa or in a basket with notebooks, journals, and many others. Fortunately, I uncharacteristically left it on my espresso desk, and I imagine that this prevented my home from burning down.”

Apple’s recall for the 15-inch MacBook Pro is considered voluntary, and the corporate says that affected models had been sold between September 2015 and February 2017. If your machine is concerned, Apple will change the battery free of cost.

Richard Addington

Richard Addington

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *