NVIDIA Shield — which stays the only Android TV box you should buy — keeps getting better and better. Never thoughts the fact that it is more than four years previous — ancient by today’s tech requirements. (Additionally never mind that there may finally be an updated version waiting within the wings.) Today the Tegra X1-powered system turns into first Android TV box to be updated to Android 9.0 Pie.
As is the same old case, the “NVIDIA Shield Experience” version is quantity would not fairly match up, however, do not let that bother you any. Update 8.0 has rather a lot happening.
Along with the Pie update — and the Android security updates that come with it, you will also find:
A brand new featured known as Match Content Color Space that will give more accurate colors on an HDR-enabled TV.
The new and improved Hulu app — which sports an updated person interface and features, and in addition has Hulu with Live TV. (You will still want a subscription.)
- Updates “Display and Sounds” advanced setting info into two easier-to-navigate menus
- Provides option to match content color space (Settings > Display & Sound > Superior).
- Improves dynamic volume range for USB and Bluetooth-connected headsets
- Permits 720p refresh rate switching on supported apps
- Provides “Disconnect Bluetooth accessories” option to quick settings
- Provides IR power control choices to customize on/off performance
- Provides option to turn off USB Power when Shield sleeps
- Provides option to connect to 2.4 GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi network with shared SSID
- Updates accessory firmware versions